Still need a sign that this is the end times? Okay, here ya go.
In the book of Genesis we are told that God created the sun, moon and stars for “signs and for seasons and for days and years”. This is echoed throughout the Bible. Take note of the order of precedence. First and foremost, the sun, moon and stars are meant to be used for signs and for marking the seasons. The Hebrew word for signs also means signals and seasons is not a reference to summer, winter, etc. but to God’s appointed times (Lev. 23). These seasons are the seven annual feasts of Israel and are spread over seven months of the Jewish calendar, at set times appointed by God. More on the prophetic feasts here.
It needs to be said that by no means should it be assumed that a specific event will take place on the day of the sign. It is a marker of the times.
The Blood Moon Tetrad was an example of this.
Many people dismissed the blood moons because nothing glaringly obvious and catastrophic occurred at the time, failing to realize that these signs are warnings intended to get our attention and assure us of God’s sovereignty. Here’s a quick (but certainly not all inclusive) breakdown of the significance of the blood moon tetrads.
- A blood moon tetrad is a set of 4 consecutive lunar eclipses, separated by 6 lunar months each, with no partial eclipses in between, and are occasionally made extremely rare when each of the eclipses in the tetrad lands on a Jewish High Holy day, God’s appointed times.
- The last tetrad to do this was in 2014/15 and was the 7th blood moon tetrad since Christ.
- This tetrad was historic in that it included 7 consecutive eclipses (5 lunar and 2 solar) all landing on God’s feast days, an event that has never happened before!
- Over the last 500 years, there have been 4 blood moon tetrads. Each of these marked each major turning point in Jeremiah’s prophecy of the Jews being scattered around the world, preserved for a time, regaining Israel, and becoming a nation again.
There are two upcoming signs of which we should all be aware.
August 21, 2017 Solar eclipse
The shadow will cut a dividing line right through the middle of the country, from Oregon to S.C.
The Aug. 21 event will be the first-ever solar eclipse whose path of totality hits no country other than the United States. The last one to meet this geographical standard occurred in 1776, the year of the birth of our nation.
September 23 planetary alignment
Revelation 12:1-2 (ESV)
1 And a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars.
2 She was pregnant and was crying out in birth pains and the agony of giving birth.
Virgo, Latin for “virgin”, is the second largest constellation in the sky. Virgo is universally depicted as a woman, even at the time that John wrote what he saw in his vision. Out of the 88 constellations in the entire celestial sphere, it is one of only three constellations that represent women, and the only one that represents a virgin.
On November 20th, 2016, the planet Jupiter, also known as the King planet, entered the “womb” of the constellation Virgo where it will remain for exactly 42 weeks, the precise length of a long human gestation.
At the end of 42 weeks, the King planet will be “born” (leave the womb area) and at that time, the moon will move under the feet of the woman.
On her head, we will see the constellation Leo, the lion no less, made up of 9 stars, which will be connected back to her head by Mercury, Mars, and Venus, creating a crown of 12 stars.
Note: The Hebrew and Greek words for star do not differentiate between stars and planets.
The sun will be on her shoulder and will actually block out the entire sign, making it impossible to view without the technology available today. God intended for the people who would be living at the time of the end to be able to see and recognize the signs. We are those people.
This is a once in 7000 year alignment, which places the only other time it has occurred in the day of Adam and Eve.
The alignment will come to its moment of completion precisely at the end of the Rosh Hashanah, also known as the Feast of Trumpets. It will take place on September 23rd, 2017 and will be literal biblical prophecy fulfillment for us to witness.
As though the event is not momentous enough, God’s timing for it is something to marvel at. Look at the significance of this day:
- The Feast of Trumpets is the Jewish New Year and is believed to be the anniversary of the creation of Adam and Eve, as well as a day of judgment and coronation, and the sounding of the shofar (trumpet).
- This particular Feast of Trumpets will coincide with the end of the Jewish year 5777.
- The biblical meaning for the number 5 is grace, 7 is perfection and the set of three 7’s represents divine completeness, giving us “the perfect and divine completion of grace” right in the year.
- The Feast of Trumpets is the next Messianic prophecy to be fulfilled. More on the feasts
- A jubilee is seven cycles of seven years, with the 50th year being the jubilee year, but not so as to break the on-going seven-year Sabbath cycles. So the Jubilee year is a 1 year celebration or rest period that is the 50th year following seven 7-year periods called Shemittahs, which are Sabbaths of years.
- This year, the year 5777 on the Jewish calendar, is a Jubilee year.
- The last Jubilee was in 1967, at the time of the last blood moon tetrad when Jerusalem was regained.
- This Jubilee marks what many believe to be the 70th Jubilee since God’s children entered the promised land of Canaan, beginning the Shemittah cycle and in turn the Jubilee cycle.
Of course, none of this is a declaration that Jesus will return on September 23rd, 2017. On the contrary, my researched opinion is He will certainly not return at that time.
But there is so much more to this. Now is the time to get back in your bible.
When Jesus was talking about the signs of the end, He said that when we begin to see the signs, to “look up, for your redemption draws near” (Luke 21). Our Messiah was not telling us to physically look up when we see the signs of the end. He was exhorting us to remove ourselves from worldly lifestyles, to rise up out of Babylon (Revelation 18). This is the call to set our sights on our heavenly home and loose the chains that bind us to a worldly lifestyle. In other words, get your priorities straight.
To end, in case anyone missed it, here’s a quick video of an event that took place in the sky over Jerusalem on October 1st a couple months ago, 2 days before the feast of Trumpets marking the beginning of the Jubilee year, 5777.